Gold Coast Night Spots
What to see on the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast’s top 10 spots for a night on the town.
They don’t call it party paradise for nothing – Surfers Paradise is the entertainment capital of Queensland. There’s a host of different nightclubs, pubs, bars and clubs, all within a two kilometre block.
- Melbas: one of the most popular night spots on the Coast. Dance the night away on the large dance floor and podiums, or shoot a game of pool. There’s a cocktail bar, champagne vodka bar, restaurant and nightclub. 46 Cavill Ave, Surfers paradise. www.melbas.com.au
- Outback Spectacular: a $23-million show extravaganza, the Australian Outback Spectacular is the first of its kind in Australia. Nightly, from Tuesday to Saturday, the giant arena thunders with the hooves of Australian stockhorses in an action-packed performance as Australia’s leading stunt riders and stockmen play out a story of two rival cattle stations. There’s a cast of larger-than-life characters and animals, with breathtaking scenes of the aboriginal Dreamtime and wild colt muster, to high-speed quad bikes, bush vehicles and trick riding. There’s even a mustering helicopter that dives into the arena droving a herd of cattle. Shows include a full Aussie BBQ dinner served during the show. Situated between Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Water World on the Pacific Motorway Oxenford. www.outbackspectacular.com.au
- Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant: a two-hour dinner show with a combination of song, dance, puppetry and illusion in a visual roller coaster of special effects and great comedy, not to mention the ghost train ride. After the show, the cocktail bar and disco is open until midnight. A fright night to remember. 1 Hooker Blvd, Broadbeach. www.draculas.com.au
- Hard Rock Café: the 25-metre-high neon guitar has been an iconic part of the Surfers sky scape for well over 10 years. The Hard Rock Cafe Surfers has played host to major national acts such as The Butterfly Effect, You Am I, Kiss Chasey, The Angels, and serves as a stepping stone for young bands. Cnr Surfers Paradise Blvd and Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise. www.hardrock.com
- Howl at the Moon: takes the concept of ‘piano bar’ to new heights duelling pianos keep the crowds entertained, but be warned, you will be expected to sing along. Victoria Ave, Broadbeach. www.howlatthemoon.com.au
- Shooters Superclub: One of the biggest and longest running clubs on the Gold Coast, this is the ultimate clubbing experience, hosting the freshest and finest DJ talent that Queensland, Australia and the world has to offer!. Level 1, The Mark Building, Orchid Ave Surfers Paradise. www.shooterssuperclub.com
- Quest Lounge Bar: multi-levelled lounge bar and club featuring Egyptian-themed decor and a universal range of music from great tracks of the past mixed to funky house beats and the latest sounds of French and Latin house. Surf Pde (cnr Victoria Ave), Broadbeach.
- Vanity Nightclub: Never has the Gold Coast been able to experience such a breathtaking nightclub experience without having to travel overseas. 26 Orchid Avenue Surfers Paradise.www.vanitynightclub.com.au
- The Cooly Hotel: the place to catch Australian and international touring artists, the Coolangatta Hotel is one of Queensland’s most consistent live venues. Cnr Warner Street and Marine Parade, Coolangatta. www.thecoolyhotel.com.au
- The Soundlounge: only open Friday nights and Sunday afternoons, The Soundlounge has a reputation for putting on some of the best roots and world music and suavest pop and rock on the Coast. Expect to see anyone from international touring artists to the best local bands. Currumbin RSL, Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin. www.thesoundlounge.com.au