Gold Coast Attractions
What to see on the Gold Coast?
10 great things to see and do on the Gold Coast
- Q1: nowhere in Australia does high-rise quite like the Gold Coast so ride the ear-popping lift (it’s one of the fastest in the world and takes less than 43 seconds to climb 77 floors) to the top of the world’s tallest residential tower, Q1, and gaze out at the view below. Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise. Open daily from 10am until late.
- Marina Mirage: Queensland’s finest waterfront shopping and dining resort.Situated on the beautiful Gold Coast, you can discover over 90 designer boutiques filled with many of the world’s top fashion labels, specialty stores overflowing with elegant homewares and gifts, luxurious day spas and beauty salons, as well as a multitude of award-winning waterfront restaurants all With a spectacular water view of Broadwater. www.marinamirage.com.au
- Sea World: daily exhibition of stunt water skiing, the tiger sharks of Shark Bay, seal and dolphin presentations, Australia’s only polar bears, the chance to swim with dolphins, or if you’re really game, sharks, plus exciting rides like the Corkscrew Roller Coaster and Bermuda Triangle. Sea World Drive, Main Beach. Open daily, 10am-5.30pm. www.seaworld.com.au
- Dreamworld: home to the tallest, fastest thrill rides in the world, Tiger Island, The Australian Wildlife Experience, Big Brother, Nickelodeon Central and Wiggles World. Dreamworld Parkway, Coomera. Open daily, 10am-5pm. www.dreamworld.com.au
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park: Australia’s largest water theme park with slides, pools, rides and entertainment. All pools and slides are heated during the cooler months of the year (April through to September). Pacific Motorway, Oxenford. Open from 10am daily, closing times vary. www.wetnwild.com.au
- Warner Bros Movie World: movie-related theme park with behind-the-scenes action, comedy stunts and exhilarating rides and shows. Pacific Motorway, Oxenford. Open daily, 10am-5.30pm. www.movieworld.com.au
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: 27 hectares of landscaped surrounds and bushland with more than 1400 Australian native mammals, birds and reptiles. 28 Tomewin Street, Currumbin. Open daily. www.cws.org.au
- Canungra Valley Vineyards: vines encircle historic Killowen homestead, which is now a restaurant and cellar door. On Sundays there’s live jazz or you can buy a gourmet picnic basket and some wine to eat beside the creek. Lamington National Park Road, on the outskirts of Canungra. Open daily, 9am-5pm. www.canungravineyards.com.au
- Tamborine Mountain Distillery: local fruits are fermented and distilled in a small ‘Pot Still’ to create liqueurs, schnapps, vodkas, and liqueur chocolates. 87 Beacon Rd, North Tamborine. Open Wed-Sat, 10am-3pm for tastings and sales.
- Lamington National Park: one of the largest remaining sections of subtropical rainforest in Australia. Highlights include waterfalls, stands of 15,000-year-old Antarctic beech trees, more than 160km of walking tracks, the treetops canopy walk and a 20-metre-high suspended walk amongst the rainforest canopy.