Travel Itinerary for Solos
Also see our other Melbourne itineraries.
Fun for One in Melbourne’s CBD & nearby
The central location of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne means you’re tantalisingly close to loads of excellent things to see, do and experience.
Here’s a day’s itinerary taking in some of the inner city’s highlights, plus some funky extras on the side.
- Start with brekky at one of the many European-style cafes that Melbourne is famous for. Go for a wander, or ask the Vibe Team to recommend a favourite. Next, walk up to…
- Federation Square. This exciting cultural precinct has an eclectic and buzzing mix of galleries, museums, restaurants, cafes, bars, and gob-smacking outdoor spaces.
- Melbourne Visitor Centre: the place to go to book tours, and get maps and more info.
- Birrarung Marr: a designer riverside park with a famous ‘Speakers Corner’ and awesome vantage points for views over the city
- Federation Wharf: and the historic Vaults that connect Federation Square with the Yarra River.
Here you can…
- Hire a bike – it’s the best way to see Melbourne!
At Federation Wharf hire a bike to go exploring via Melbourne’s incredible network of safe and picturesque cycle paths! And because this city is mostly flat, you can go hours without wearing yourself out.
- Top off your day with a ferry boat ride to dinner
When you return your bike, catch a ferry from Federation Square to one of Melbourne’s most happening waterfront precincts for wining, dining and promenading:
1.Southbank: Some the city’s finest restaurants are located in this famous dining precinct on the Southern Bank of the Yarra River. An unbeatable spot to watch the world go by. From here, your hotel is just a few minutes walk away.
2. Docklands: This vibrant waterside community is chockablock with uber-cool bars, vibrant contemporary restaurants, and arty spaces to hang out. After your meal, stroll back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, it’s just minutes away and you can finish your evening with a cocktail in Vibe’s Alexander Bar.
Extras on the side
- Queen Victoria Market. The largest open air market in the Southern Hemisphere is just up the road from your hotel. This place is foodie heaven! And also great for clothing, crafts, art, and jewelry.
- Melbourne Aquarium. A short walk from your hotel, this world-class underwater world is well worth a visit