Travel Itinerary for Solos
For more ideas, check out our other Gold Coast itineraries. There’s no end of fantastic things to do here.
Fun in the Sun for One
Sure, you can spend your holiday lying on the sand catching rays, admiring the passing ‘scenery’, knocking back cocktails, and losing your cossie in the rolling surf. Not that there’s anything wrong with all that. It’s what many people come here for. And very nice it is too.
But there’s so much more to the Gold Coast. It’s come a long way in recent years and is now far more sophisticated, dynamic and diverse than it was back 90s.
Today, the Gold Coast is Australia’s Adventure Capital. The epicentre for, theme park thrills, extreme outdoor experiences, rainforest hikes, and hinterland wine & food trails. And let’s not forget the shopping, nightlife and luxury spa treatments. Oh, and quite a few people come here to surf.
Here are just a few of the exciting things you can squeeze into one sunshiny day on the Gold Coast:
- Visit Q1 – the world’s tallest residential tower has a vertigo-inducing observation platform that gives you an eagle’s eye view of the ‘hood and beyond. In a word, WOW.
- Be pampered, polished & preened at a day spa. You’re spoilt for choice here. Take your pick from a growing list of luxe beauty spots for guys and gals. Shop around – some package deals are brilliant value.
- Picnic in the great outdoors. Tables and BBQs are dotted along the beachfront, or just set up fresh seafood takeaway on your sarong on the sand.
The rock pools at nearby Currumbin are great for a picnicking too. Afterwards you can go meet new furry friends at …
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Run by the National Trust of Queensland, this is an authentic Aussie bushland experience and home to the country’s busiest wildlife hospital. Feed lorikeets by hand. Cuddle a koala. See hundreds of native animals in their natural habitats.
If you’re up for a challenge, try the Sanctuary’s exciting Treetops Ropes Course, which includes a Tarzan swing and a giant flying fox!
Extras on the side
- Boating – go for a cruise, jump on a jet boat, or tour the rivers and canals in an aquabus!
- Outlet shopping at Harbour Town, 20 minutes North of Surfers Paradise. It’s huge and got everyone from Alannah Hill to RM Williams to Mountain Design to Royal Doulton.
- Head to the Hinterland for bushwalking, hot-air ballooning; quad bike tours; bungee jumping, foodie extravaganzas, and more.