Travel Itinerary for Solos
Fun for One in North Sydney
North Sydney is a great base from which to explore and experience the best of Sydney. From your hotel, you can walk, train it or catch a ferry to lots of top spots.
- Kick start your day with an early morning jog or power walk along the Harbour ‘s edge – it’s just down from Vibe Hotel North Sydney. You could combine this with a…
- Waterfront photo safari. Milson’s Point is one of the best vantage points to get spectacular shots of Sydney’s skyline, the Opera House and the Bridge. Come back at dusk and be truly inspired! This is where and when the professionals get their shots of the Opera House and city lights at night.
While you’re down here, jump on the ferry and head over to…
- Circular Quay. From here there are endless possibilities for adventure. You could:
- Walk around to the Opera House and be awed by its awesomeness
- Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Catch a ferry to any one of several irresistible destinations, including:
– Manly beach village, where you could do the gorgeous 9km Manly to Spit Walk. Or dive into the surf, shop til you drop, and then enjoy a beer with fish and chips at the fabulously cool Manly Wharf Hotel.
– Cockatoo Island, home to the Sydney Biennale and many fascinating rusting relics from Sydney’s shipbuilding days. Now it has walkways, artworks and landscaping. Magic and weird all at the same time, and so worth a visit!
Return to Milson’s Point by ferry or train, or walk over the Harbour Bridge, stopping off en route to your Vibe Hotel North Sydney for a swim at …
- North Sydney Olympic Pool down at the edge of the Harbour. It’s heated and wonderful all year round. Do laps or have a frolic in the water playgrounds.
- Sunset drinks at Vibe Hotel North Sydney is a great way to wind down at day’s end. Love the Nightlife
A short train ride from Milson’s Point Station will get you to the CBD and dozens of world-class bars and nightclubs. Including The Ivy and Hemmesphere on George Street, and Cargo Lounge at King Street Wharf.
If you want to stay local head to the Kirribilli Hotel or The Commodore Hotel and the Tree House just up the road in North Sydney.
Dress to impress. If you can’t get in (and it can be tricky on weekend nights), go for a wander – you’re sure to find a cool and welcoming bar tucked down a back lane.