Travel Itinerary for Solos
One of the many awesome things about Sydney is that it’s a wonderful place to explore and enjoy on your own. Especially if you’re hanging out in the inner city.
A Day of Fun for One
Many of Vibe’s guests are travelling solo, so we get lots of requests for itinerary ideas. Thanks to its central location, there are loads of things to see and do within cooee of your hotel.
Here’s an itinerary for solos:
Walkabout with Harbour Ferry Ride
- From Vibe Hotel Sydney, head to nearby Darling Harbour, walking down Elizabeth Street and turning left at Market Street.
- If critters furred and finned do it for you, check out Sydney Aquarium and the amazing Sydney Wildlife Park.
- Then cross Pyrmont Bridge to visit the Maritime Museum. This is your opportunity to go inside a real submarine!
- Enjoy a takeaway sandwich on the boardwalk overlooking Darling Harbour marina or eat alfresco at one of the many harbourside restaurants.
- Next head back along Market Street to gorgeous Hyde Park. Have a paddle in the fountain at the northern end. Then stroll down Macquarie Street, where you’ll catch sight of the one of the wonders of the modern world…
- Sydney Opera House! Walk around it, stare at it, stroke its glistening creamy tiles, laze on the steps with a coffee, or take a tour of the interior. It’s every bit as gobsmacking as you’d expect. Next stroll around to waterfront to…
- Circular Quay. Watch the street performers, then jump on a ferry for a cheap and spectacular harbour cruise to the surf beach village of Manly – a great spot for shopping, fish & chips and a swim. Or get a ferry to nearby Milson’s Point for a jaw-dropping close-up of the Harbour Bridge and Luna Park.
- Return to your hotel by walking the length of Hyde Park, with maybe a side trip to David Jones Department Store.
- In the evening, stroll up to funky Surry Hills to eat, drink, catch some tunes, and hang out.
Extras on the side
- From the Opera House, walk through the fabulous Royal Botanic Gardens. Watch out for the bats!
- Check out the Art Gallery of NSW on the edge of Domain Park.
- Head to Boho Newtown for live music and vintage shops.
- Shop to you drop along Oxford Street, Paddington.
- Explore the historic Rocks at the western end of Circular Quay, finishing with a crocodile or emu pizza and a boutique beer at the iconic Australian Pub – one of the best spots in the inner city!