Travel Itinerary for Couples
Also see our Walkabout with Ferry Ride, which takes in lots of ‘must see & do’ landmarks and activities.
Fun Times Two
With its heart-thumping views, secret swimming beaches, seductive waterfront restaurants, and pumping nightclubs, Sydney is a super-sexy place for lovers.
So, our itinerary for couples focuses on romantic and exciting activities for making magic with your other half.
- Start the day by sharing a delicious breakfast. Vibe Hotel serves up a great brekky at curve, or stroll up the road (hand in hand) to the funky inner-city village of Surry Hills.
- Next, head down Elizabeth Street to stroll hand in hand (again) through beautiful Hyde Park to get to….
- Sydney Opera House! Walk around it and pose for photos together on the steps. Next, walk around the waterfront to…
- Circular Quay. Jump on the ferry to Milson’s Point and enjoy huge views of the Harbour Bridge, en route to…
- Luna Park, Sydney’s heritage-listed amusement park. Get your pulses racing by sharing a gondola and big-sky views on the Ferris wheel. Then laughing your heads off together on the Wild Mouse!
(Alternatively, you can walk across the Harbour Bridge to get to Luna Park.)
Next, head back to Circular Quay to jump on the iconic…
- Manly Ferry for a beautiful harbour cruise. At Manly, do the famous Manly Spit Walk. Just turn left when you get off the ferry and follow the harbourside path through lush bushland to picturesque hidden beaches with amazing views. This 9km ‘Wild Walk’ takes 3.5 hours if you go to the end, Spit Bridge, where you can catch a bus back to the Manly or to the CBD.
- Once back in the CBD, taxi or walk to Darling Harbour. It’ll probably be wine o’clock by now, so get a table at one of the excellent al fresco restaurants and enjoy a quintessential Sydney dinner for two, overlooking the marina.
Extras on the side
- Take in an awesome 3D movie together at IMAX in Darling Harbour.
- Hit Sydney’s world-class bars and nightclub dance floors. Frock up big-time and go for the legends, such as The Ivy on George Street in the CBD; Cargo Lounge at King Street Wharf, Darling Harbour; Hemmesphere above Establishment on George Street, CBD; and the mega club Home at Darling Harbour.
- Harbour Bridge Climb – scene of many marriage proposals!
For more great ideas, see our other Sydney itineraries